Donnerstag, 28. November 2013
Freitag, 22. November 2013
Long overdue but just in time: Lovebug's 'Close to him Pt. III' Mix presenting gospel tunes with a boogish, soulful and funky edge. Starting deep from the ground with an enormous monster by The Gospel Truth which shows that (our) times makes you cry. Followed by a huge 4-tracker on 7" by Frederick Robinson III, selected the one with a raggaish touch and funky slaps that serve the right mood lifting you up. The Mighty Soul Seekers is an 1987 production, unexpected organic and homogenic, a bit bluesy but triggers the button to be in each other's arms and praise the one. Bembry's LP is full of strange fm-soundscapes and drum-programming which is unique the way to heaven is here described... More classical boogie is Vernon Thomas - Where do it turn away (The Lord) that seems still off the radar. The rappin' side of gospel is presented by the New Testament Youth Troop where some of the kids could do it better but the chorus and rapmaster does it. The winner of rhymes and rap is Alexander with an huuuuge outsider DIY-bedroom production that the preachers' robe is bringing to explode for joy. After this severe synth-thunderstorm we calm down again an please our mind with funky gospel soul by the Julius Brockington Ensemble and the Ladies of Manna showing us the precious name in happiness. Don, Ron & Codie satisfies all needs with great label-artwork, superb arrangement and private feeling topped off by invisibilty (HIM records, isn't that you're looking for?). The very 70's sounding Gerri Hollins is truly a gem at second glance that should not to be missed in your collection to play out for togetherness. Last not least we let the organs go crazy with Charles Summervilles implementation of a trainride to heaven. Heaven't had enough? Simply check out the other parts of mine... Sincerly, Lovebug
01. The Gospel Truth - Time Is Critical [Gospel Time 19XX]
02. Frederick Robinson III - I Can Walk With My Lord [TLP 1983]
03. Mighty Soul Seekers - God Is Love [Zesty 1987]
04. Bembry - The Way To Heaven [Earthland Records 198X]
05. Vernon Thomas - Where do it turn away (The Lord) [Ontario 1986]
06. The New Testament Youth Troop - Gospel Rappin [Inner Light Records 1984]
07. Alexander - Children Of The Lord [South Dallas Music Company 1989]
08. Julius Brockington Ensemble and the Ladies of Manna - Jesus [G.M.S. Records 19XX]
09. Don, Ron & Codie - Personal Savior [Him Records 19XX]
10. Gerri Hollins - Do Unto Others... [Roadsongs 1982]
11. Charles Summerville - Ride this train to heaven [Chas 1986]
Dienstag, 19. November 2013
Donnerstag, 14. November 2013
We're back with all batteries charged and we're ready to do it again. Let's dream with flowers and let's bring love to the floor. We will play all night long. No limits, big fun!
Freitag, 8. November 2013
Mittwoch, 6. November 2013
We play out in Vienna and looking forward to you and Tingel Tangel. Check out the makers that are doin' impressive projects, parties, love, music, livestyles and on and on and on which is described through their websites.
Armin Schmelz, Simon Riegler und Bernhard Tobola (f.l.t.r.).
Git closer on Facebook and see what actually happens....
Last not least is to highlight their mobile DJ-Car which is one of a kind! Whenever they're in your town, meet them and DANCE!